Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break

It is Spring Break! Sam took the week off to enjoy the week with the kids, and maybe even me.

I LOVE not having to wake up early in the morning to see Johan off to school. Except thanks to the months of training, my body automatically wakes up at 6:30am. I wake up, try to get back to sleep, but then Mr. Pterodactyl stirs and lets us know very firmly (even though he does not speak) he is ready to get up and destroy our home.

I LOVE not having to rush through the morning with Ally to get as much in as possible before she goes to school (at the perfect time because she hates being too early or late). But as luck would have it, she got violently ill Sunday night and still is not feeling well. However, she has learned how to milk the situation to her advantage very well:
"I want Gatorade."
"I want cold water."
"I want fresh, cold white milk."
"I want ice cold Sprite."
And now that more than 24 hours has passed and she is able to eat, she has added to her repertoire of commands:
"I want yogurt."
"I want bread. Whole-grain bread."
"I want pears. Or maybe a banana."
She was so sick that I have become wound so tight that a mere whimper from her gets me jumping to my feet. I am only able to write this because she is thankfully napping.

I thought I would love having Sam at home for an entire week. But it's only Tuesday, and I'm wondering if it's Friday yet. Spring Break. It might break me.

No comments:

Post a Comment