Friday, September 2, 2011

What in the....???

By this time, I should not be surprised by much. However, people still manage to shock me, and that is saying a lot. 

Random things as of late:

1. When a person who never calls you suddenly does, it's not to say "hello". Before answering that call, be prepared to throw away any plans you had that day.

2. Getting an email out of nowhere with the pretense of interest in my family's and my well-being, but really looking for gossip, still surprises and annoys me. It would be so much easier, and I'd respect it a lot more, if the person would just directly ask about that gossip.

3. It does not matter how far I went in my education. Ally will always think I cannot possibly understand the material she is studying at that point in time. Right now, I am apparently having issues with first grade.

4. I am convinced Ethan can poop on demand. Like right before I have to head out the door.

5. Virtually all disputes are due to silly misunderstandings, and that's actually very funny if you're not in the middle of the dispute. But that does not mean I will forgive my death-wishing neighbor for setting off fireworks last July 29 after 9pm when Ethan was trying to sleep. I think the kid is still suffering from PTSD from that incident.

6. After 17 years, I still don't know what Sam does at work. I'm pretty sure it involves fantasy football, rotisserie baseball, eating at Johnny's on Thursdays because it's 2-for-1 burgers, and the occasional trip out of town because "the client needs attention".

7. People are so much nicer to you when you give them a genuine smile and say "hello", and it also makes your day a lot nicer as well. This does NOT mean a kinder and nicer Anh because YOU should know better.

8. When someone complains about the price of gas or how much it cost to fill up their car, do they think they are alone? Do they feel like I got my gas for free or something???

This does not conclude the list by any means, because I am spending increasingly more time each day with "head-scratching" moments. I mean, really--am I in the Twilight Zone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment